Thursday, February 9, 2017

Basket Weave Hot Pad

This is based off of something I just whipped up during my mom's doctor visit.  You can use one or two colors.  I used two on mine.  This was based on the most recent finished project using the same stitch but I wanted to change it a bit and well that didn't work well when I tried so I did it a little differently.  It took me a couple of tries to get the finished look I liked.  As always if you would like to sell the finished product you may just give me credit.  I have included links at the bottom to videos that pertain to the pattern.  Please share the finished project with me I have linked my facebook page at the bottom, tweet or instagram me @PrincessCrochet89, or use the hashtag #PCBasketWeaveHotPad to show it off to me.

Key:
Ch - Chain
SC - Single Crochet
RSC - Reverse Single Crochet
DC - Double Crochet
STDC - Standing Double Crochet
FPDC - Front Post Double Crochet
BPDC - Back Post Double Crochet

Main Pad: (So the middle of the pad)
Chain 22
Row 1:  DC in 4th Chain from hook, DC across (20 DC)
Row 2: Ch 3 or STDC, *FPDC on next DC, BPDC on next DC* repeat from * until second to last stitch, DC in last stitch. (20 DC)
Row 3: Ch 3 or STDC, *BPDC on next DC, FPDC on next DC* repeat from * until second to last sitch, DC in last stitch. (20 DC)
Repeat row 2 & 3 until desired size.
Bind off and weave in ends. (Only if you are changing colors)

Edging:
SC around entire work.
DC in each SC.
RSC in each DC.
Bind off and weave in ends.

No comments:

Post a Comment